word wrap

A feature of word processors and most text editors where a word which would extend past the right hand margin is moved to the following line. This is more sophisticated than character wrap which only moves to the next line for the first character past the right margin and thus will break some words in the middle. The program may actually insert a new line in the text at the point where it is wrapped or it may only display it as though it contained a new line at that point.